Lewis and Clark Trail

Saturday, September 16, 2006

16 September 2006 - Lampasas, Texas

I learned on Monday, September 11, 2006, that my father had died of a heart attack. I had just arrived in Sioux City, Iowa and was about to visit the Seargeant Floyd Visitor Center when I called Tac and got the news.

On Tuesday, I rode south for 65 miles while she rode north and we met up in Mondamin, Iowa where I loaded the bike and headed back to Liberty. On Wednesday, we drove to Texas. Services were on Thursday and we are headed back to Liberty today.

My plan is to resume the trip to St. Louis on Tuesday and then come back to pick up the three days I did not bike from Mondamin, Iowa to Liberty the week after the 23rd of September.

I want to thank those of you who contacted me with your thoughts and prayers. Please keep my mother and family in your prayers.

My other plan is to convert a bunch of my field notes to computer on the ride home so I can start updating the blog tomorrow. So, look for updates coming out soon (tomorrow afternoon, 17 September).

Thanks,

Paul