Lewis and Clark Trail

Friday, September 29, 2006

27 September 2006 - I am finished!!!

Hello Everyone.

I finished the trip by travelling to St. Louis from Liberty from Sept. 20 - Sept. 23. On Monday, Sept. 25, Linda Lehrbaum (a friend and colleague from Kansas City WildLands) drove me back up to Mondamin, Iowa and I rode from there to Liberty, arriving at 1:30 on Wednesday. Along the way I was hit by a car in Marshall, Missouri, met the descendants of William Clark, camped with some re-enactors in St. Charles and just had a great time at the 200th anniversary of the return of Lewis and Clark celebration at the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial.

I am converting my notes to the computer and am posting the results over the next several days. So they should come out in order except for the occasional party update (see below).

Now that I am finished, we are having a party. On Saturday, October 14th, beginning at 7:00 PM, we will have a get together for anyone who wants to attend. I will show some slides and tell a few stories that will hopefully not bore you too much and then I'll just set the computer to scroll through photos from the trip and people can chat and ask questions of me. We will try to have snacks related to the Lewis and Clark Expedition (no dog and horse is now banned) and if you have a pioneer-style dish you would like to bring, we would welcome it. Also, whatever unusual drinks you want would be good as we will only have standard things like beer, wine, sodas and maybe some whiskey (in honor of Lewis and Clark). If you are planning on coming, let me know via email (klawinskip@william.jewell.edu) so we can move the venue if lts of people are coming. Right now we are planning it at our house. When I get your email, I'll send you the address if you haven't already been to our place. If we change the venue, I can also email you and tell you where we will be.