Lewis and Clark Trail

Saturday, September 30, 2006

31 August 2006 – Sleeping Buffalo Hot Springs, MT to Wolf Point, MT

I woke up and packed my bags. Winds are still with me. I stopped at the Sleeping Buffalo rock to take a picture. This is an example of some boulders that were dropped by retreating glaciers that, from a distance, looks like a herd of sleeping buffalo. Native Americans even carved some features into the rocks to make them seem even more like sleeping bison. Headed east toward Wolf Point. It is a chilly day as the cool front responsible for the winds continues to drop the temperature. I had a flat tire and rode through ten miles of road construction but still covered 104 miles in 5.5 hours. I once again struggle with the prospect of making more miles today as I am finished with my goal at 2:30.